„For me, dance means steady rhythm of daily practise and happy celebration of performances. It is the way to communicate with others, to express myself”
Magdalena Niernsee presents Kathak and Kathak contemporary fusion. Graduated from renowned Kathak Kendra in New Delhi, discipline of famous Guru Pt. Jai Kishan Maharaj of Lucknow gharana. Apart from Kathak dance, she studied pakhavaj play, hindustani vocal, yoga in Bihari style and theory&history of dance.
At present leads regular classes of Kathak in Warsaw and workshops across the country. Performing classical Kathak recitals on recorded or live music, cooperating with other professional dancers and musician in artistic projects (Harp&Kathak, Bharatanatyam-Kathak, contemporary Kathak or Flamenco-Kathak fusion, indian fairy tales project and other). Organising programms presenting indian culture and daily life through photos and short movies along with stories based on her own experiences.
She is co-funder of ArtIndialog Foundation promoting indian art&culture on high level.
Cooperating with Indian Ambassy in Warsaw, Museum of Asia&Pacific. Performed for many polish and international festivals, as well as for polish Tv and private cultural events.
- Professional experience:
- 2013- present, dancer-performer and teacher of Kathak and Kathak contemporary fusion, settle in Warsaw, Poland. Cooperating with professional dancers and musician from different technics
- 2012 ? present, co-founder of ArtIndialog Foundation, to promote cultural dialog between contemporary international and traditional Indian art.
- June 2013 ? co-organising and translating performance and workshops by Pt .Rajendra Gangani in Warsaw
- 2010-present, leading blog on indian dance and culture, www.indiandance.pl and www.kathak.pl
- 2006-2009 ? leader of Alapadma School and Company of Indian Dances in Warsaw (semiclassical Bollywood, Bharatanatyam- teacher, choreographer and dancer) who produced many talented dancer as for example Mohini dance group.
- 2004-present ? giving workshops of Bharatanatyam, Kathak (from 2010), semiclassical Bollywood (till 2011) and Kathak contemporary fusion (from 2013) in Warsaw, Poznań, Kraków, Gdańsk and other
- 2004-present ? cooperating with Indian Ambassy in Warsaw, promoting Indian culture in tv programs and multicultural festivals
- 2002-2006- main dancer of Masala Sound System project
- 2004-2006- teaching Indian dance for Riviera Dance school, NTF Dance Theater in Warsaw
- 2010-2013 study at 3 years Diploma Hons. main course of Kathak dance at Kathak Kendra (Higher Academy of Kathak) under Guru Pt. Jai Kishan Maharaj, playing pakhavaj drum, learning hindustani vocal, yoga and theory of dance, as well. Graduated with Dance Diploma in May 2013.
- 2009/10- study Kathak at Bharatiya Sangeet Sadan, New Delhi
- 2009-2013 ? received ICCR scheme grant, for learning Kathak dance in India
- 2006-2009 ? private classes of Kathak with Anindita Acharjee under guidance of Drishtikon ? Aditi Mangaldas Dance Company (on short time courses, 3-4 months each)
- 2006-2010 ? study of Bharatanatyam under Guru Kapil Sharma, New Delhi (on short time courses, 3-4 months each)
- 2000-2006 study at Academy of Fine Arts, Warsaw, diploma at multimedia, drawing and photography faculty
- 2003, 2005 and 2006 ? classes of Bharatanatyam under Dr. Neena Prasad, Trivandrum (during 3 months each trips to India)
- 2003/4 and 2005 half year, training of Kalaripayattu at C.V.N Kalari Sangham, Trivandrum
- 2004-present practising Ashtanga and Iyengar system yoga